Keroyhima's Blog

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Salmon Fish

Do u like japanese food? I bet most people do, i dunno why but i really like to eat raw japanese food. Especially the salmon fish, which u can either eat it raw or grill it inside an oven with butter and maybe some salt. As for me, not only me but my whole family love it. It seems like a trend started when the very 1st time while i was still form 4(5 years ago), my dad brought us all to a japanese restauren to tried out japanese food. I can still remember my very 1st set i called was tempura set. It comes with fried prawns, some vegetable, a bowl of rice, a soup and some fruit. That is japanese food? Ok maybe its the style of cooking only, but anyway it taste not bad. I can't really tell if is good or not but that restauren was one of my dad's childhood's friend who opens it, so all i can say is probably most japanese food taste something like that.

Alright back to what my point here, my dad seldom bring us to japanese restauren now, i can't expect to go into a japanese restauren to eat alone, even asking my friends also they might just doubt about it. Its very normal because we all know japanese restauren is never a cheap food, even a bowl of simple ramen will cost u at least RM13, the size of the bowl? Not as much and not as big as what u gonna think for a RM13 meal. Besides, even in those food court u won't find japanese food cheap as well, although they are cheaper than the ones in restauren, u got to also expect the taste might not be as good as what u wan. However, although is expensive, my mom use to buy lots of salmon fish cause she says salmon has lots of omega oil which is really good for our body,but she don't buy those salmon from a market, my mom is not that hardworking to wake up early in the morning to go to the market and buy stuff, she use to get the cooking ingredients and food from Giant Supermarket. She gets those salmon from a friend which i dunno who, but her friend seems to sell salmon in the market, so her friend probably always get the fresh food before it is delivered to the market for sale, instead my mom use to buy salmon in large quantity so that she can keep them and eat it slowly.

Usually on a weekend, some families dun cook for dinner, they tend to go out for a meal which is also a happy family moment. As for me? When there is salmon, thats our dinner. Yeah at least my maid will also cook something simple like fried noodles or fried rice, but the main dish of the day is the raw salmon with really spicy wasabi add on with wasabi sauce(i call wasabi sauce instead of japanese ketchup). The only person who wouldn't eat those raw salmon is my youngest brother, he seems to hate the taste of raw fish, so my mom will grill 1 whole piece for him only(its not that big). My dad, me and my brother can finish 2 plates of raw salmons. I dunno how many pieces are there but my mom can tell me there are at least 4 packets of salmons in 2 plates. Which is way a lot more than when u call a sashimi set in a restauren and probably u cannot eat that full. Let me tell u this, 1 set of sashimi(raw salmon fish with rice, a bowl of soup, some vegetable) will cost about RM30++ per person, the amount of fish in that set i think is only half a packet of salmon which u bought from the market. Can u imagine eating 4 packets of them? Wow its so satisfying.

Bah!! Dun think i m that happy to eat like that every weekend, its only once in a while when my parents suddenly feel like eating them, they will just buy in large quantity and consume them slowly. Oh well, i m just happy that this weekend my dinner is pure raw salmon fish, and yes i m freaking damm full now even if i m blogging here. Hehe :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home